the Government of the United States of America,
the Kingdom of the Netherlands,
the Government of Switzerland,
the Government of France,
the Leadership of the European Union
August 01, 2018 Warsaw, Poland
We, the Tajik parties below, social and political groups, associations and organizations, express our deep condolences to the governments, citizens and particularly, the families of the killed tourists during the brutal and cruel attack in Tajikistan, and also wish a speedy and full recovery to the victims of this cowardly attack on peaceful defenseless people, guests of our homeland.
At the same time, we consider it necessary to state:
1) We severely condemn this shocking dastardly attack as a terrorist attack, the organizers, and executors of which must be severely punished under the laws of Tajikistan and International legal norms;
2) To our regret, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Tajikistan, not having carefully collected information and evidence, without having worked through all possible versions, hastened within several hours after the incident without any grounds and evidence base, in the morning of July 31, 2018, issued a statement blaming the Islamist Renaissance Party of Tajikistan (IRPT) for the attack. The Ministry of Internal Affairs for some reason ignored the fact that он the evening of July 30 the terrorist organization – the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) took responsibility for this action;
3) For us, questions remain, who is behind all this and who benefits from killing foreign tourists in Tajikistan if the Tajik opposition is accused, which has escaped the persecution of the regime to European countries? We note that the terrorist attack occurred in the background of a broad information campaign and a preparation by Tajik political emigrants in Europe of peaceful pickets and rallies in European capitals. These pickets are designed to attract attention and gain the support of governments and civil society in European countries, as well as the entire world community, to our demand that the Tajik authorities allow to leave Tajikistan for treatment of a cancer patient 4-year-old political host Ibrohim (Hamza) Tillozoda, who is a grandson of the leader of the IRPT Muhiddin Kabiri. The petition under this demand has collected almost 150 thousand signatures all over the world;
4) The perplexity and serious concerns are caused by the liquidation of the suspects of this attack. There is no evidence or proof that they resisted using firearms. What was the need to kill suspects and witnesses if a published photograph of one of them recorded has signs of torture on the face and body?
5) Due to the fact that the current authorities of Tajikistan repeatedly carried out severe provocations to justify violation of the Constitution, suppress rights and freedoms, under the pretext of combating terrorism, propagandizing manipulations with public and International opinion, and each time blaming the opposition for all problems and mischiefs in the country, and also in connection to our serious concern about the consequences of what is happening these days;
We urge the governments of the United States, the Netherlands, Switzerland, France, as well as the EU leadership to seriously approach the incident, immediately join the investigation of this terrorist attack and set up a joint investigation team.
We are firmly convinced that only politically unmotivated competent investigation can call true organizers and executors of this terrible cynical attack.
If necessary, we are ready to render all possible assistance to the international investigation team in establishing the truth.
It’s not just about the reputation of the Tajik people and the state, but also about the future of Tajikistan, this strategically important country in such a sensitive place on the world map.
Public organization Forum of Tajik Freethinkers
The Movement for the Reform and Development of Tajikistan
Association of Central Asian Migrants in Europe
The Islamic Renaissance Party of Tajikistan